Buhari Phones Obiano Over Ozubulu Church Killings

Spread The News
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

 

 

President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday night made a telephone call to Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra to commiserate with him and people of the State over the Ozubulu Church attack.

 

The Sunday’s early morning attack on St. Philip Catholic Church, Ozubulu, Ekwusigo Local Government Area had claimed the lives of 11 worshippers and 18 others injured.

Gov.-Willie-Obiano-in-cap-speaking-with-the-priests-of-St-Philip-Catholic-Church-Ozubulu
Gov. Willie Obiano,speaking with the priests of St Philip Catholic Church, Ozubulu

Buhari had earlier in a statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, condemned the attack and described it as “an appalling crime against humanity and unspeakable sacrilege”.

 

In the statement, the President said that “there was no justification whatsoever to target Church worshippers and kill them in cold blood.’’

 

He expressed his deep sympathy with the families of the victims, the Church leadership and the government of Anambra.

 

However, barely two hours after the release of the President’s statement on the incident, Shehu also confirmed that the President had a telephone conversation with Gov. Obiano where he commiserated with him, families of the victims as well as the people of the state.

anambra church worshippers

He said: “The President has just finished speaking to Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State, in the course of which he commiserated with him, the famines of the victims and the citizens of the state over the tragic shooting incident this morning.’’

 

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that Gov. Obiano was quoted as saying that the Ozubulu killings was a result of a dispute between two sons of the area and vowed that all those behind the act would be apprehended.

church members killed

The Commissioner of Police in charge of Anambra, Mr Garba Umar, also in an interview with newsmen in Awka on Sunday, revealed that the police had launched a manhunt on those behind the incident and gave an assurance that everybody behind the act would be brought to justice.

This post has already been read 75 times!

(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)

Do You Have News For The DailyBells Nigeria News Crew For Publication? Contact us today @ megacrown1@yahoo.com, dailybellsnigeria@yahoo.com or Call Our Hotline +234 802 523 7926

All rights reserved. This material and any other material on THE DAILYBELLS NIGERIA should not be reproduced, published, broadcast, written or distributed in full or in part, without written permission from the Editor/CEO.

%d bloggers like this: