In a bid to ensure a successful hosting of this year’s Access Bank Lagos City Marathon scheduled to take place on Saturday, 11th February, 2017, the Ministry of Transportation and its Traffic Management Agencies have highlighted alternative routes for the event.
The 42 Kilometer Marathon is schedule to kick off at the National Stadium, Surulere and terminate at Eko Atlantic City, Victoria Island, between 6am and 2pm with the following identified routes:
• Motorists from Masha inward journey Stadium shall be diverted to Shitta Roundabout for onward movement through Falolu and Adeniran Ogunsanya Roads to their various destinations.
• From Eko Bridge, motorists shall be diverted through Costain to connect Ebute-Metta, Orile, Nigerian Breweries and Bode Thomas through Apapa Road (now Moshood Abiola Way).
• From Alaka Estate, motorists shall be diverted through Iponri or Iponri Estate.
• Motorists from Apapa/Orile – Iganmu to Funsho Williams shall be diverted through Apapa Road to continue their journey.
• On Ikorodu Road while movement is allowed in both directions between Anthony (i.e by Theodolite Junction) and Ojota beyond Anthony, traffic shall be restricted to inward journey Fadeyi, Ojuelegba and Stadium. No U-Turn shall be allowed between Anthony through the Interchange and Jibowu on Ikorodu Road as well as between Ojuelegba and Stadium on Funsho Williams Avenue. (Note: Traffic restriction from Stadium inward journey Anthony to give the marathoners free passage).
• From Apapa – Oshodi Expressway (i.e from Mile 2) motorists shall be diverted through BOC Gases/Armed Forces Resettlement Center on the service lane through Agege Motor Road. Traffic will also be diverted through Town Planning Way before Anthony – Oke. (Note that Gbagada inward 3rd Mainland Bridge will be closed to traffic from Anthony – Oke).
• From Old Toll Gate to Alapere, Ogudu, motorists shall be diverted through Gbagada, Oworonshoki – Oshodi – Apapa Expressway and navigate their journey to destinations.
• From Ajah to Ozumba Mbadiwe Road through Lekki, traffic shall be diverted through Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase I.
• Motorists shall be diverted through Alexandra Road from Cable Bridge while Bourdillion Road will be temporary closed to traffic.
• From Awolowo Road, motorist shall be diverted through Falomo Bridge to connect Ozumba Mbadiwe Road while Falomo Roundabout inwards Bourdillion will be temporary closed and Akin Adesola Street inwards Bar Beach will also be temporarily closed to traffic.
• From Bonny Camp to Ozumba Mbadiwe Road, traffic shall be diverted through Old Mr. Biggs Junction to Kofo Abayomi Street.
Do You Have Any Story, Press Release, Events Coverage Or You Want An Advert Placement?
Call The DailyBells Nigeria Today On Our Hotlines +234 802 523 7926, +234 806 017 6677 Or WHATSAPP On +234 802 523 7926
Email: email@example.com Or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Rights Reserved. This Material And Any Other Material On THE DAILYBELLS NIGERIA Should Not Be Reproduced, Published Broadcast, Written Or Distributed In Full Or In Part, Without Written Permission From The Editor/CEO..