By Adejuwon OSUNNUYI
In a bid to ensure a successful hosting of this year’s Access Bank Lagos City Marathon scheduled to take place on Saturday, 11th February, 2017, the Ministry of Transportation and its Traffic Management Agencies have highlighted alternative routes for the event.
The Acting Commissioner for Transportation, Prince Anofi Olanrewaju Elegushi stated this while briefing news men in his office today.
The Commissioner said as a responsive and responsible Administration, it has become very important for the Ministry to intimate Lagosians of the routes to be covered during the second edition of the Marathon.
Hence, the government has deployed over 300 LASTMA officials to manage traffic during the event.
According to him, the 42 Kilometer Marathon is schedule to kick off at the National Stadium, Surulere and terminate at Eko Atlantic City, Victoria Island, between 6am and 2pm with the following identified routes:
• Motorists from Masha inward journey Stadium shall be diverted to Shitta Roundabout for onward movement through Falolu and Adeniran Ogunsanya Roads to their various destinations.
• From Eko Bridge, motorists shall be diverted through Costain to connect Ebute-Metta, Orile, Nigerian Breweries and Bode Thomas through Apapa Road (now Moshood Abiola Way).
• From Alaka Estate, motorists shall be diverted through Iponri or Iponri Estate.
• Motorists from Apapa/Orile – Iganmu to Funsho Williams shall be diverted through Apapa Road to continue their journey.
• On Ikorodu Road while movement is allowed in both directions between Anthony (i.e by Theodolite Junction) and Ojota beyond Anthony, traffic shall be restricted to inward journey Fadeyi, Ojuelegba and Stadium. No U-Turn shall be allowed between Anthony through the Interchange and Jibowu on Ikorodu Road as well as between Ojuelegba and Stadium on Funsho Williams Avenue. (Note: Traffic restriction from Stadium inward journey Anthony to give the marathoners free passage).
• From Apapa – Oshodi Expressway (i.e from Mile 2) motorists shall be diverted through BOC Gases/Armed Forces Resettlement Center on the service lane through Agege Motor Road. Traffic will also be diverted through Town Planning Way before Anthony – Oke. (Note that Gbagada inward 3rd Mainland Bridge will be closed to traffic from Anthony – Oke).
• From Old Toll Gate to Alapere, Ogudu, motorists shall be diverted through Gbagada, Oworonshoki – Oshodi – Apapa Expressway and navigate their journey to destinations.
• From Ajah to Ozumba Mbadiwe Road through Lekki, traffic shall be diverted through Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase I.
• Motorists shall be diverted through Alexandra Road from Cable Bridge while Bourdillion Road will be temporary closed to traffic.
• From Awolowo Road, motorist shall be diverted through Falomo Bridge to connect Ozumba Mbadiwe Road while Falomo Roundabout inwards Bourdillion will be temporary closed and Akin Adesola Street inwards Bar Beach will also be temporarily closed to traffic.
• From Bonny Camp to Ozumba Mbadiwe Road, traffic shall be diverted through Old Mr. Biggs Junction to Kofo Abayomi Street.
Elegushi however charged motorists, commuters and Lagosians plying the affected routes to be patient enough and obey Traffic Management Officials who will be deployed to the various identified routes to manage traffic.
The Acting Commissioner assured Lagosians that the affected routes would be opened as soon the last marathoner leaves each point to ensure traffic is not held for too long.
Motorists are also advised to tune-in to Lagos Traffic Radio for further information concerning traffic on that day.
Speaking further on the State of preparedness for the Marathon, the General Manager, Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA), Mr. Olawale Musa also disclosed that the over 300 LASTMA officials have been deployed to manage traffic during the event.
The Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Sports, Mr. Anthony Adeyinka Adeboye disclosed that maximum security have been put in place through the support of the Lagos State Commissioner for Police to ensure motorists go about their plans and programmes unhindered.
Adeboye further solicited for the support and cooperation of Lagosians for the event to achieve its desire objectives.
Do You Have Any Story, Press Release, Events Coverage Or You Want An Advert Placement?
Call The DailyBells Nigeria Today On Our Hotlines +234 802 523 7926, +234 806 017 6677 Or WHATSAPP On +234 802 523 7926
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or email@example.com.
All Rights Reserved. This Material And Any Other Material On THE DAILYBELLS NIGERIA Should Not Be Reproduced, Published Broadcast, Written Or Distributed In Full Or In Part, Without Written Permission From The Editor/CEO..